299 Indian Proverbs
1. A bandicoot is lovely to his parents; a mule is pretty to its mate.
2. A beautiful woman belongs to everyone; an ugly one is yours alone.
3. A beggar himself, can he afford to have one asking for alms at his door?
4. A blind man sat behind a pile of stones and thought that nobody could see him.
5. A book is a good friend when it lays bare the errors of the past.
6. A book is like a garden in the pocket.
7. A buffalo does not feel the weight of his own horns.
8. A cat in a cage becomes a lion.
9. A coconut shell full of water is a sea to an ant.
10. A doctor is only a doctor when he has killed one or two patients.