33 Puerto Rican Proverbs
1. A good beginning is half the work done.
2. Although the monkey might dress in silk, monkey it still is.
3. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
4. Break the leg of a bad habit.
5. Calling the devil is not the same as seeing him come.
6. Do not fear a stain that disappears with water.
7. Eat the bread of the man you hate and also of him you love.
8. God's greatest act was to make one day follow another.
9. He who excuses himself, accuses himself.
10. He who has servants has unavoidable enemies.