24 Rwandan Proverbs
- 1. A girl only gets pregnant once.
- 2. A man's heart is not a sack open to all.
- 3. Every cackling hen was an egg at first.
- 4. He who has travelled alone can tell what he likes.
- 5. Help from abroad always comes when the rain has stopped.
- 6. Hens keep quiet when the cock is around.
- 7. If you are building a house and a nail breaks, do you stop building, or do you change the nail?
- 8. If you shake a dog, you shake his owner.
- 9. If your mouth turns into a knife, it will cut off your lips.
- 10. In a court of fowls, the cockroach never wins his case.