12 Uruguayan Proverbs
1. A stolen object brings no joy to one's heart.
2. Better to lose a minute in your life than your life in a minute.
3. Better to marry a neighbor than a stranger.
4. Clear accounts make for long friendships.
5. Don't take every ill to the doctor, or every quarrel to the lawyer, or every thirst to the tavern.
6. Find as much love as was given by your father and mother many times.
7. Gifts break rocks and melt hearts.
8. He who doesn't die on the battlefield slips in the bathtub.
9. That which is done at night appears in the day.
10. The favor of a man in power is like a summer shower.