38 Zambian Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. Beat your wife regularly; if you don't know why, she will.
- 12. Do not look at a visitor's face but at his stomach.
- 13. He who has a fever is not shown to the fire.
- 14. He who listened to the woman suffered famine at harvest time.
- 15. He who paddles two canoes, sinks.
- 16. I am because we are; we are because I am.
- 17. If you are ugly, learn how to dance.
- 18. If you have no teeth, do not break the clay cooking pot.
- 19. It is better to walk than curse the road.
- 20. It is inevitable that two thighs will rub against each other.