38 Zambian Proverbs / Page 3
21. Jump over a log but not over your neighbor's word.
22. Lies have short legs.
23. Many are the eyes of the person whose spouse commits adultery.
24. One who enters a forest does not listen to the breaking of the twigs in the brush.
25. The king lives way up where the stench of the poor cannot reach him.
26. The shark who has eaten cannot swim with the shark that is hungry.
27. Things that are stolen will really never make you rich.
28. To get rid of anger, first weed out the bitter roots.
29. To give is to put.
30. Treat the days well and they will treat you well.