38 Zambian Proverbs / Page 4
31. When you run alone, you run fast. When you run together, you run far.
32. When you show the moon to a child, it sees only your finger.
33. When your luck deserts you, even cold food burns.
34. Where God cooks, there is no smoke.
35. You can trust your brother, your father, your mother, but never your wife.
36. You have to look after wealth, but knowledge looks after you.
37. You learn a lot about a man by his behavior when hungry.
38. Your feet will take you away from home, but your stomach will always bring you back.