30 Zen Proverbs
1. A beautiful woman who is pleasing to men is good only for frightening fish when she falls into the water.
2. Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind.
3. Better to see the face than to hear the name.
4. Better to sit all night than to go to bed with a dragon.
5. Better to struggle with a sick jackass than carry the wood by yourself.
6. Chop wood, carry water.
7. Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish your opinions.
8. From the withered tree, a flower blooms.
9. If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
10. If you want a certain thing, you must first be a certain person. Once you are that certain person, obtaining that certain thing will no longer be a concern of yours.